Monday, July 25, 2011

Pregnant Again!

Some of you may have seen "Ocean's Eleven." Ryan and I LOVE this movie--the whole trilogy, actually. In one scene, George Clooney is supposed to be beat up by this HUGE man, fittingly called Bruiser. What Benedict (the antagonist who has hired Bruiser to bean Ocean up) doesn't know, is that Ocean (Clooney) is pretty tight with this guy. While pretending to be beat up, Ocean asks him, "How's your wife?" Bruiser responds by spitting out, "Pregnant again!" Ryan loves quoting this line; especially now that it's true of his wife! Yep, we are almost 31 weeks along. Just over nine weeks to go! We are expecting Riley Walker Miles on September 29th!


Lucy is going to be a big sister! She will only be about 16 1/2 months old when he is born...The Great Debate: one crib and a pack 'n play, or two cribs? I really don't think Lucy is old enough to switch to a bed, or even a toddler bed. She's a great sleeper (as long as we're at home!), but she's all over the place...Do we keep her in the crib and Riley in a pack 'n play, or do we purchase another crib? Suggestions? I think I'm leaning toward a second crib....


There is a tradition on Ryan's side of the family to name a boy (though not all the boys) something that starts with "R" and then Walker Miles. Ryan's parents have both indicated that we don't have to carry on this tradition, but I think it's cool. Riley will mark the fifth generation of this tradition! Raymond Walker Miles, Russell Walker Miles, Roger Walker Miles, Ryan Walker Miles, and Riley Walker Miles. Most suiting, don't you think?

8 comments:

The Samples Sampler said...

Cute new family picture! I still say get another crib, if you have the room. Lucy could possibily stay in her crib for another year. You don't want baby brother in a pack-n-play for a year do you?

Amber C. said...

Contests Meg!! Guess what? Everyone from davenport #7 is going to have a baby this late summer/fall except Tara, but she had a baby not too long ago. Fun!!

Amber C. said...

P.s. I have a crib and a pack n play. I never even set up the crib for karson; he just sleeps in the pnp. I like that when we go camping or vacation or anything like that he can always sleep in his own bed.

Tara said...

Yay! Congrats Meg and Ryan! I love babies! Lucy is sooo adorable, by the way. Our youngest is 6 months now, and finally sleeping better. Good luck!

Mandi Abaroa said...

Congrats!! How exciting!!

The Corie Clan said...

YAY!! Huge congrats to your growing adorable family!! I hope you're feeling well and one of these days I hope I can meet your cute little ones!! As for the crib/bed issue - we moved Zach early thinking it would be best not to do it right before Blake's arrival. I think he was 17 months old. He actually did fabulous once we got a bed with a long enough side rail at Ikea so he didn't fall out at night. He loved being in a 'big boy' bed and we haven't looked back since. I think a pack n' play is another great option too. Mark always says he would've been happy to put our babies in a laundry hamper since they don't know the difference anyways ;) Good luck with whatever you choose!

shannon said...

yay!! Congrats Meg! That is soooo exciting!! I didn't know you were expecting. We are having a baby too! Yep this fall as well! I really like the name by the way, I think it is perfect! Let us know how everything goes and I want to see pictures! So happy for you guys! Good luck with everything!! :D

Shillene Hancock said...

WAHOOO ~ YOU ARE?!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU~!!! :DD