Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Break Chaos...Preparing for Lucy's Arrival...





Can you ever REALLY prepare? I think not...I suppose there's only so much you can do...It's a good thing this whole process takes at least nine months, eh? Hmmm...

This week of Spring Break has come at the perfect time. Lucy will be here (hopefully!) in just under nine weeks. 9!!! That's less than two hands!! That's insane!! So soon, eh? Anyway, Ryan and I both have this week off from school (he's still working, hence, we're still in town), so we have a list of a bazillion things to do.

First, we set to work on our "spare" room. YIKES!! Pretty much, over the past two years, this room has become a jungle. Exercise equipment, water/food storage, hockey memorabilia, tubs of just STUFF, and most recently, baby items. Anyone want to purchase a great elliptical?! This job was a doosie! We (mostly Ryan) went buckwild on it and now Lucy has living space! Yay! It's not quite 100%, but at least she has some space!

Ryan had the joy of trying to fix the little dresser we have for her (isn't he manly?!). It looked real nice at first, but I think it's still defective... Then we (again, mostly Ryan) put Lucy's crib together. I began to be astonished!! It was extremely quick and easy! Isn't it PRETTY?! We're very excited!

Today, we're off to register. Probably at more than two places...Is that dumb? They give you cool stuff if you do though... Any suggestions on what to pick out?

Now that I've written a freaking novel...Wish us luck with our continued preparations, eh?!

P.S. My sister-in-law and mother-in-law are having a baby shower for us. If you would like to pop over, we'd LOVE to see you! It will be sometime in April, at Kacy's house (Ryan's parents' old house in Tempe). Shoot me a comment or an email with yer address please!!

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

That crib is BEAUTIFUL! Be sure to let me know where you register so we can send you/Lucy something since we live so far away! :) I can't believe it is only 9 more weeks! Here comes one incredibly cute, curly haired, half-Canadian, fully awesome little Lucy! :)

Jeremy said...

P.S. That was Shine, I don't know why my computer automatically signed me in as JJ.

Charlie and Christina said...

I would love an invitation... we are apt. 1005 in sahara!!!

The Samples Sampler said...

I would LOVE to come to your shower...but I live too far away. Sad face! Oh well. Nice crib by the way!

The Robson Clan said...

hey so AWESOME!!!I am so happy for you guys...hopefully things work out smoothly and I can still come down to see you all! & of course meet the beautiful little Lucy! Good Luck..let me know if you need anything or hve any anticipating questions about delivery...after all i have done a few and had 2 of my own.

TnT said...

Beautiful crib! And I can't wait to see the beautiful baby!